Careers - PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (NAPLES, FL)
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (NAPLES, FL)
Key Reports and Interactions:
- Reports directly to the Regional Business Manager on all areas of responsibility and installation scope of work.
- Collaborates with the Production Manager and Project Managers to ensure a successful project by ASI standards and operations departmental goals.
- Responsible for the purchasing and tracking of all stock inventory and project related products and materials.
- Understands and obtains the knowledge of each project product, system and scope of work needed for completion.
- Responsible for receipt and storage of all products and materials.
- Responsible for shop supplies and inventory organization.
- Ensures installation teams have the necessary information, tools and equipment to complete a successful installation
- Responsible for Job Preparation and Staging of job items pre-install.
- Responsible for operations office and shop areas are organized and well-maintained.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving for the company.
- Establishes relationships with manufacturer and vendor reps to be a successful partner in company purchasing, shipping, and expediting needs.
- A minimum of 3 years general construction and/or basic electrical knowledge.
- The desire to work with their hands and be involved in day to day shop and installation work.
- Experience and an intermediate level of skill with computer programs and email, good organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- The ability to climb ladders, work over head with various power and hand tools, and lift 50 lbs minimum if required.
- A belief system that is aligned with our company core values – Customer First, Dedicated, Driven, Integrity, Strives for Perfection, and Teamwork
- General installation experience in fields of expertise such as windows, doors, trim and moldings, cabinetry, and other areas of finish detail work.
- Electrical and/or low voltage wiring experience to include AV, lighting security systems etc.
- Microsoft Office, general technology use, home automation and user interface programming knowledge or experience.
- Interior, high-end residential work site experience.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Uses purchasing databases, communication with vendors and spec guides to properly submit purchases and orders on behalf of the Project Manager.
- Tracks order status, estimated ship dates, and follows up on delivery discrepancies.
- Reviews job scope paperwork to have clear understanding of work and advise on any missing information.
- Updates the Rework Tracking board with purchases due to errors, including investigating issues and resolutions.
- Maintains the Order Submit Process board with all job order data and monitors progress of orders needing to be placed.
- Order bulk and stock inventory items including lineals, shade components, power supplies, wire and controls.
- Enters purchasing and receiving information in the ASI Inventory Control.
- Completes the Gatekeeping process on all manufacturer orders.
- Preps materials for various manual and motorized window treatments, shutters, wood and fabric valances, and metal lineal top treatments.
- Stages job for ease of pick up by installer, including cutting of lineals, charging batteries, and gathering components and controls for outgoing job site buckets.
- Motorize shades with motors and components in fabrication area.
- Expedites field operations jobsite requests on a daily basis to keep installation moving forward.
- Work with various hand and power tools to prepare material needed pre-install.
- Calculate, cut, and label metal lineal components.
- Must be proficient with a calculator, tape measure, fractions and measurement calculations.
- Complete fabrication and motorization for various roman and hard treatments as needed.
- Monitor and order shop supplies as needed.
- Coordinate quarterly fleet inventory with the field installers. Process order for restock as needed. Monitor and advise the PDM on necessary fleet maintenance to be scheduled.
Scope for progression/promotion: Other roles for potential future progress include Field Manager, Project Manager, and Production Manager
Key personality traits to excel: Detail oriented, creative and/or comprehensive problem solving skills, good listener and collaborator, an eye or care for quality, decision maker, results focused.
Location/travel requirements: Naples based position. Occasional travel with notice.
ASI Mission and Culture: Our mission is To be the ‘Best of the Best’ in providing shading and lighting solutions. All team members are expected to know and work in alignment with our company core values.
Salary Commensurate with Experience after Scope for progression/promotion section.
Medical, Holiday, Vacation
*Hours of Operation: M-F, 7:30 – 4:30, Overtime and Weekends may be required as needed during prime construction season.