ESTIMATOR/SYSTEMS DESIGNER – LIGHTING & WINDOW TREATMENTS (NAPLES, FL)
Key Reports and Interactions:
- Reports directly to the Sales and Marketing Manager on all areas of responsibility.
- Collaborates with the Sales Executives and Project Managers in Naples and New York on product, systems and scope of work to ensure complete and accurate window treatment estimates.
- Collaborates with the Window Treatment Estimator to ensure a complete submission of all necessary estimates.
- Responsible for preparation of lighting control system, light fixtures, and motorized window treatment estimates.
- Responsible for the ASI quote process including accuracy in pricing, terms, recording, tracking and reporting.
- Assists with the design, documentation and specification of products and control systems for luxury residential projects.
- Responsible for specification review to ensure system and scope of work estimated is complete and within manufacturer’s specs.
- Responsible for project design drawings by using standard markup and design software or requesting drawings from CAD designer.
- Manages specification library, price guides, and other product information to ensure they are updated for accurate and current information from all manufacturers.
- Responsible for participation in site visits with sales, project management and clientele to collaborate on project and design needs and direction.
- Acts as pre-contract design support to the Sales Executives for proper system design.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in:
- Reading architectural plans in a home construction-based position.
- Completing drawing mark ups with PDF Editor and/or Bluebeam
- Lutron lighting control and window treatment estimating.
- Lighting control system design and specification.
- High-end interior residential projects and client-facing meetings and discussions.
- Proficient in Office 365 products; including Excel, Word, and Outlook Email.
- Proficient in general computer programs, navigating websites and online tools.
- Professional phone and email communication skills with strong initiative to contact necessary resources.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to operate in a detail-oriented, fast paced, pro-active environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- A belief system that is aligned with our company core values – Customer First, Dedicated, Driven, Integrity, Strives for Perfection, and Teamwork
- PDF Editor, and/or Bluebeam software
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review request for quote, customer data, architectural drawings, electricals, window schedules, measure sheets, and scope of work to extract necessary data, do take-offs, and identify project requirements.
- Compile RFI and RFQ and send to vendors to obtain accurate product information and costs.
- Calculate accurate material and labor costs by referencing price guides and analyzing scope of work.
- Confirm labor and time requirements with Project Manager on a per project basis as needed.
- Prepare estimates for Sales Executive approval and submit to client within a 24-48 hour period upon receipt of complete information.
- Work within a variety of manufacturer’s online software tools to access product specs and costs.
- Design Lutron RA2 and Homeworks control system layout with required components and controls.
- Meets with Sales Executive to review proposed design layout.
- Create design layout documentation in PDF Editor and/or Bluebeam.
- Marks up architectural plans or drawings with control layout for client presentation and field reference.
- Research product specs and system compatibility on new products, control and integration.
- Meet with Project Manager to launch final design at job site walk-through and identify any changes.
- Complete design review checklist to verify systems and treatments specified are possible and clearly documented.
- Compile costs for travel, lodging, per diems and other general conditions expenses for out of town projects.
- Maintain and update company quote tool, software, contract terms per job, RFQ documents, logs and Standard Price Guide.
- Maintain an organized electronic system for filing and ease of reference for project documents.
- Maintain a current price guide and specification library.
- Coordinate light fixture and lighting design pricing including create and maintain a fixture schedule when needed.
- Assist with product orders and gatekeeping in periods of high volume, as needed.
- Works towards learning to complete estimates for other product categories including audio, visual and home automation products.
Scope for progression/promotion:
- Senior Estimator – All ASI product offerings
- Project Manager
Key personality traits to excel: Detail oriented, well-spoken, creative and/or comprehensive problem-solving skills, good listener and collaborator.
Location/travel requirements: Naples based position. Occasional travel with notice.
ASI Mission and Culture: Our mission is to be the ‘Best of the Best’ in providing shading and lighting solutions. All team members are expected to know and work in alignment with our company core values.
Candidates with AutoCAD and 7+ years industry experience may be eligible for advanced salary bracket.
Medical, Holiday, Vacation