LEAD INSTALLER (NAPLES, FL)
Key Reports and Interactions :
- Reports directly to the Field Operations Manager on all areas of responsibility and installation scope of work.
- Collaborates with the Field Operations Manager and Project Manager to ensure a successful installation by ASI standards and operations departmental goals.
- Directs and leads field installers and technicians at job site.
- Ensures that he and his team are prepared with the necessary information, tools and equipment to complete a successful installation.
- Responsible for executing a layout and approach to the install and communicating this to the other installers while actively participating in the installation of products with the team.
- Performs quality installations at the job site and serves as lead troubleshooter and facilitator when problems or challenges arise with the team and sets the pace of the job accordingly.
- Sets the example for all other installers for quality, code of conduct, communication, productivity, and working to reach our goals.
- Acts as the single point of contact to the Field and Project Managers on the status and flow of installation work, as well as interfaces with the client at the job site to take any questions or requests that need to be addressed.
- Successfully guides and completes installations that achieve our company goals for excellent installation. These include a punchlist free completed installation, utilizing resources to advance the job and be the most productive, good time management to be effective in a reasonable timeframe, ensure all products are safe and secure, ensure all products are consistent with an ideal shade operation, ensure product and installation appearance is at a high standard and within sales and client expectations, maintain a clean and damage free work site, and work to meet the clients approval.
- Individuals should have a minimum of 2 years general construction experience
- Individual should have a minimum of 1 year general carpentry and basic electrical knowledge.
- Individual should have a desire and aptitude to work with a team of various people, skillsets and clientele.
- A belief system that is aligned with our company core values – Customer First, Dedicated, Driven, Integrity, Strives for Perfection, and Teamwork
- General installation experience in fields of expertise such as windows, doors, trim and moldings, cabinetry, and other areas of finish detail work.
- Electrical and/or low voltage wiring experience to include AV, lighting security systems etc.
- Computer programs, home automation and user interface programming experience.
- Interior, high-end residential work site experience.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Complete installations of various manual and motorized window treatments, shutters, wood and fabric valances, and metal lineal top treatments.
- Must be proficient with a tape measure and measurement calculations.
- Work with various hand and power tools to achieve optimal aesthetic results in the finished product.
- Complete low voltage wiring for shades, transformers, and keypad installation.
- Install electrical/low voltage according to the NEC and all local codes.
- Complete drapery and roman soft treatment installations including proper dressing and customer desired aesthetics.
- Cut and install metal lineal components that integrate with home construction.
- Maintain an organized and clean work space.
- Ability to climb ladders, work over head with various tools, and lift 50 lbs minimum if required.
- Review job scope paperwork to have clear understanding of work and advise on any missing information.
- Prep all products, parts and equipment with fellow installers to ensure all is accounted for and loaded on the van for the day’s job.
- Provide clear instruction to an installation team that meets ASI standards and sales and client expectations.
- Set up a job layout and staging to ensure safety, cleanliness and best use of time.
- Responsible for the overall opening and closing of a job site.
- Complete an end of day walk through to ensure cleanliness, desired aesthetic look and optimal operation and control of shades.
- Complete an end of job walk through with company checklist and provide tutorial of product use with client.
- Maintain inventory on assigned van and ensure it is checked and restocked.
- Monitor and advise Field Manager on necessary van maintenance.
- Complete an ASI measure sheet accurately and in its entirety.
- Document accurate job punch list for reference and ease of completion.
- Provide timely schedule updates to Field Manager and Project Coordinator.
- Communicate effectively on job needs with the installation team and Field Manager.
Scope for progression/promotion: Other roles for potential future progress include Field Manager, Project Manager, and Service Manager
Key personality traits to excel: People-oriented, detail oriented, creative and/or comprehensive problem solving skills, good listener and collaborator, an eye or care for quality, results focused.
Location/travel requirements: Naples based position. Occasional travel with notice.
ASI Mission and Culture: Our mission is To be the ‘Best of the Best’ in providing shading and lighting solutions. All team members are expected to know and work in alignment with our company core values.
Salary Commensurate with Experience after Scope for progression/promotion section.
Medical, Holiday, Vacation